The 8-position pressure vessel microwave has dual magnetrons with 1,500 Watts peak output microwave power delivered in 1% output increments. Designed for rugged, routine laboratory use the system incorporates a stainless steel outer case, which encloses a cylindrical corrosion-resistant PFA coated oven cavity that ensures homogeneous microwave distribution.
Reproducible sample digestion is achieved through precise reaction control of temperature and/or pressure. Access to the sample area from above via a hinged lid offers easy sample access. The system employs 100 mL vessels and allows digestion temperatures up to 260 °C and pressures up to 100 bar.
- Titan MPS Direct Temperature Control™ (DTC): sophisticated non-contact IR sensor provides superb reaction control by measuring the real-time temperature of each individual sample material (not the vessel surface temperature) while also eliminating the contamination issues and inconvenience of contact sensing devices.
- Titan MPS Direct Pressure Control™ (DPC): This unique contact-free system utilizes a combination of polarized light and glass pressure ring with a remote optical sensor built into the vessel cap to measure and control pressure changes in a reference vessel.
- Flexible Turntable: Simple and rugged, the turntable supports long-life vessels for high pressure digestions. Optional interchangeable turntables allow for quick and easy changeover from 8-position vessels to 16-position vessels to deliver high sample throughput for applications that do not require a high pressure vessel.
- Pre-installed sample methods: pre-installed sample methods are available covering a wide range of digestion conditions, with space for many additional user-created methods.
- Software: Monitor and control multiple Titan MPS systems over a network via the standard Ethernet connection for convenient viewing of reactions and conditions, data analysis, and system control. English, German, French, Spanish, Italian languages are supported on the color touch-screen.
- Safety: The rugged construction of the lid and its interlocked sensor system ensures operator safety and security. A gas containment manifold utilizing a unique "quick connect" vessel attachment safely contains any gas which may escape during an unplanned vessel over pressure situation.
Attributes / Specifications:
- Temperature control: Optical/sample temperature
- Pressure control: IR/direct sample
- Power: 230V, 50–60 Hz
- Pressure rating: 100 bar (8 position)